Saturday, March 26, 2011

Making An Impact Where It Matters

Assalam Alaikum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu.
I know I have not been here for a while. Well, it's because I took up a teaching job last month. I turned down that banking job sometime ago and a few weeks later I got this offer. I have not really stopped to think about it until now. Allah really does work in mysterious ways. Masha Allah. Alhamdulillah. I know the pay is a lot less than what I expect to get from the bank, but I am content and I know that Allah will make it up for me.

It is an elementary school teaching job
and whenever I walk into class, I feel happy and have a sense of pride that these kids are really mine. Every night I go to sleep thinking of them - where we will all be in 20 years, if we live that long, how I will accidentally meet them and remind them of how stubborn they were as kids, and so many other things. It feels really good!

I am over qualified for the job but I know I am making an impact where it really matters. . . and nothing is worth more than that. Teaching Elementary School students is a big step to shaping their lives. As a teacher you are responsible for training them and setting standards for them, which they will live on for the rest of their lives. It is truly amazing how much impact you are making to humanity. Nothing can measure up to it.

Next time you are thinking of doing something. . .anything at all, look for something that truly matters to you. Never let the society or anything decide for you what is important and what is not. Money and Society have imprisoned us such that we longer think in the line we should - making an impact where it matters; where Allah will be pleased with us and where we would be pleased with ourselves. We need to set ourselves free - and always remember that only you can do that for yourself!!!

May Allah (SWT) help us and give us the best of this life and the next. Ameen.

No comments:

Post a Comment