Saturday, June 25, 2011

Life is not About Choices

No. Life definitely isn't. Some time ago I thought life plans are paramount. I thought I had to plan everything. . .and according to "the way things should be". I was wrong.

I made all the right moves and did all the right things at the right time; I respected all and everyone's wish. I did all I could to ensure that I made everyone happy thinking that things will be reciprocated when I'm in need. I was dead wrong!!! In fact, I was murder wrong!!!

All my sacrifices NEVER paid up. Naturally, it got me depressed.
My life became miserable. Each day I write, I hope that someday soon I'll have a happy story to tell. But each time I write, my hope fades. Everyone tells me that life is not fair but I wonder why everyone would not live fairly. If we all lived fairly and according to the glorious book of Allah and the teaching of our dear Prophet (Sallallahu alaihi wa sallam), I believe life will be a lot easier and much more desirable to live. I feel aggrieved and I believe that as long as one person remains aggrieved, I doubt if things will ever be normal.

I have always wanted to be a good ambassador of Islam. I know people have not been fair to me while I was growing up and are still not but I pray to Allah to shower me with the strength and ability to be continously fair to them and I seek His reward for doing that.

My write-up today is intended to encourage us all to live up to what is expected of us,not minding whether people do or do not do what they are supposed to as Allah is Al-Aleem, Al-Sami', and Al-Baseer. And He will reward us for what we do no matter how little or how much.
Allah states in His Qur'an that,
"So whosoever does good equal to the weight of an atom (or a small ant), shall see it. And whosoever does evil equal to the weight of an atom (or a small ant), shall see it."(Q99:V7-8)
So, no matter what happens or how bad you are treated, try your best for Allah's sake. Afterall, what truly matters is you success in the hereafter.

May Allah (SWT) guide us and strengthen our faith. Ameen.

No comments:

Post a Comment