Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Kaspersky Review

If you are thinking of installing Kaspersky, hold on and listen to my ordeal. It will save you a lot of time and frustration. Believe me!!!
My brother bought the Kaspersky Internet Security product key and gave it to me. I was really happy because I was using the free avast version. It is automatically assumed that what you spend money on is almost always better than what you get for free, right? Well, I thought so, too! I immediately uninstalled my avast and since he had already bought the product key, I decided to download the free trial version of KIS and insert the product key.

The download was smooth and successful. The problem began when I tried to install KIS. It was a disastrous experience!!! It kept telling me that n error had occurred and that I should restart my computer.Which I did a gazillion times. O.k not a gazillion but I did that a lot of times. But to no avail.




Picture taken from: http://www.raymond.cc/blog/archives/2007/10/15/kaspersky-installation-ended-prematurely-because-of-an-error/


I decided to try the internet and I realised that a lot of people have had the same problem. Pheww!That was a relief, I thought. Solution is not far off. I was wrong! I tried everything I saw on the internet but nothing worked.
Being the kind of person who thinks everyone and everything deserves a second chance, I kept looking for a solution the problem.

After trying for about 24 hours (I didn't sleep) to install Kaspersky Internet Security, I gave up.

Well, now I have successfully downloaded and re-installed my dear lovely avast!

A message to Kaspersky: We have no use for a downloaded software if it cannot be installed.Please make your product installable.

A message to all: I won't recommend Kaspersky to anyone for now; unless I get a different opinion on it, which I honestly I'm hoping for! If you want a workable anti virus or internet security software, try something other than Kaspersky!

No comments:

Post a Comment